Mingthein.com celebrates its second birthday today. There’s not a lot to say other than a huge thank you; without the support of my readers, students, clients and customers, I’d probably have packed it in way back when. In the last two years, we’ve had:
- 780 articles
- 1.9 million words of content
- 36,000 comments
- 3,800 published images
- 9.5 million visitors to the main site, and 17.5 million to my flickr page
- 13,700+ accepted images in the reader pool, filtered down from >100,000 with >1,400 active members
- Somewhere around 6,500 Facebook followers
- 165 email school students
- 21 workshops, with another 3 planned (one space each for Melbourne and Havana)
- I’ve lost count of the number of emails; my guess would be somewhere around 120,000?
- Two dead keyboards
Suffice to say it’s a much, much larger community than I ever expected; sometimes I’m overwhelmed by it all. I’ve come to realise that my opinion is taken very seriously by a lot of people; perhaps too seriously by some. That’s a good thing and a bad thing, and I never take that responsibility lightly – especially if any of the findings are thoughts run contrary to expectation or common sense. I have always been and will always continue to be independent; even in the highly unlikely event that some camera company throws large sums of money my way. There’s no point doing otherwise: I, and this site, have always been about the images first and foremost, with everything else taking a secondary – but still important – back set. In any case, there’s plenty more to come as long as I can keep up with feeding the bear. Cheers to you all! MT
Places left for 2014 Making Outstanding Images Workshops: Havana and London – click here for more information and to book!
Visit the Teaching Store to up your photographic game – including workshop and Photoshop Workflow videos and the customized Email School of Photography; or go mobile with the Photography Compendium for iPad. You can also get your gear from B&H and Amazon. Prices are the same as normal, however a small portion of your purchase value is referred back to me. Thanks!
Images and content copyright Ming Thein | mingthein.com 2012 onwards. All rights reserved