For those of you who are curious about what I do, (and also so I don’t forget)…as far as I can determine, here’s the current list of my regular activities. I’ve found that I certainly can’t do the same one thing for long, and there’s definite value in having inspiration from many sources.
- Professional commercial photography – watches, architecture, food, advertising.
- Writing and reviewing for mingthein.com, which includes extensive archives accessible via the header bar navigation; 600+ articles, 1.3 million words. It also occurs to me that the way the comments on my posts work, the site is more like a forum…
- Moderating the reader Flickr pool at www.flickr.com/groups/mingthein
- I’m on Facebook at www.facebook.com/blog.mingthein
- I’m on Flickr at www.flickr.com/mingthein
- I’m on Twitter @mingthein
- I teach workshops
- I teach the email school with 110+ students as of the last enrolment
- I teach a photography masters’ program at a local university
- I do copywriting and creative design work
- I do creative concept direction work for video
- I contribute to a couple of magazines and other websites
- I do design consulting work for some of the watch brands
- I do product testing and evaluation work for some of the camera brands
- Now also beginning market research and consumer insights reports for the photographic industry
- I’m developing a film scanning rig
- I do some financial consulting and valuation work – it’s a holdover from the old days to keep my hand in
- I’m developing a nonlinear fractal trading algorithm based on quantum mechanics on the side (partially kidding; you really didn’t think I was going to be a photographer forever, did you?)
Hmm, I seem to have forgotten sleep on the list… I’m just saying…:) MT
Visit the Teaching Store to up your photographic game – including workshop and Photoshop Workflow videos and the customized Email School of Photography; or go mobile with the Photography Compendium for iPad. You can also get your gear from B&H and Amazon. Prices are the same as normal, however a small portion of your purchase value is referred back to me. Thanks!
Images and content copyright Ming Thein | mingthein.com 2012 onwards. All rights reserved